Nowadays, there is an increase of people who are interested and engaging themselves in recreational boating. It is so great to be out on the weekend and experience the sun’s rays on the water. While you think that this already perfect, there is one thing that will make the day complete- the stereo. Listening to your favorite music while enjoying the rays and the water are what makes it the best.
If you don’t have a stereo yet, then you should be looking for your marine stereo system right now. There are many choices available in the market today and you have to ensure that you get the best one. In this article, you will learn the best tips that will help you determine the best marine stereo.
– It should be water resistant. Since you are spending your money on the system, the last thing that you would want to happen is getting it destroyed after a splash. So, find a stereo that has a marine label. It is very important to take note that different systems have different water resistant levels. Since you will be using it while boating, then be sure to find a system that can hold splashes. There are also a waterproof system that can still function even after submersion.
– It should be UV resistant. This factor is very important especially when you install it on the deck. This is due to the fact that will be exposed to the harsh rays of the sun. A good marine equipment should always be UV resistant to keep it from possible sun damage. This quality can be found in the speaker cones and face plate.
– It should be corrosion resistant. The oxygen and saltwater are elements that can turn anything to a corroded mess. This includes your marine stereo system. That is why, all internal parts of the system must have a protective coating. From the circuit boards to the chassis components, all must be corrosion resistant.
– You must check the specs. Just like in a car stereo, better sounds come from better specs. So, carefully check this out before choosing a stereo system. Look for one that has lots of RMS power. A stereo with wide frequency response is good. If you are fond of listening to radio, then choose one with low FM sensitivity spec. This allows you to pick up stations while in the middle of the water. You may also want to choose one with USB ports so you can connect devices.
– Get into the features. Always choose the system that includes all the features you need. Nowadays, marine stereos have the same features with non-marine stereos. These would include satellite radio, Bluetooth, and many more. It is good to check these out online to know what features are available in marine stereos.
Knowing all these factors above will help you determine the right marine stereo system that you must purchase. Be sure to consider all of these to get the best one for your boat.